We follow the early Years Foundation Stage Framework which has the following 7 areas of learning and development.
1. Communication & language development which involves giving children opportunities to experience a rich language environment, to develop their confidence and skills in expressing themselves and to speak and listen in a range of situations.
2. Physical development Involves providing opportunities for children to be active and interactive and to develop their co-ordination, control and movement. Children are helped to understand the importance of physical activity and to make healthy choices in relation to food.
3. Personal social & and emotional development helps children to develop a positive sense of themselves and others; to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; develop social skills, learn how to manage their feelings, understand appropriate behaviour in groups and have confidence in their own abilities.
4. Literacy involves encouraging children to learn sounds and letters and to begin to read and write. Children are given access to a wide range of reading material to ignite their interest.
5. Mathematics provides children with opportunities to develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding and using numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems and to describe shapes, spaces and measures.
6. Understanding the world involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their communities through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
7. Expressive arts & design involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music interest, dance, role play and technology.
We provide a progress check at age 2 and termly reports on your children’s progress.
We complete a learning journal with your child which you can view at the end of each term.
We have good contact with local schools and we prepare transition documents which are sent to your child’s next educational establishment, and encourage those establishments to visit us to view their prospective pupils in their current environment.
We have a very committed team of staff who have all been at Startright for a large number of years.